Built in 1851, this Antebellum home offers five spacious bedrooms, each with queen beds and private baths.
There are several sitting areas both inside and out, as well as cable TV in the sunroom, central heat and air,
and gas logs in the fireplaces.
Surrounded by pecan orchards, this working farm is in a beautiful East Central Georgia setting. During the
early years of the Civil War the home was used to house wounded confederate soldiers. In 1863,
orphaned boys from Bethesda in Savannah were moved to the home for safer living quarters. Although
the outbuildings were burned, Sherman's torch spared the main house.
This page has been accessed
Home | Reservations | Photographs | Local History | Special Events | Contact Us | Map
Website designed and maintained by John Kitchens Website Design.
Send mail to webmaster with questions
or comments about this web site.
Information is subject to change without notice.
Last modified: November 14, 2003